Recently we shared in School Days Magazine 5 simple tips to help nurture kindness in children from a young age.
- Help them understand what kindness is by asking, “What does being kind mean?”
- Practise small acts of kindness together.
- Develop empathy. When we notice our child not being kind, gently ask them how it might feel if that happened to them.
- Show your children how it’s done.
- Be kind and gentle to yourself, and in turn this impacts positively on the people around you.
Be sure to check out the whole article at School Days Magazine, an online resource that provides useful and positive information for primary and secondary school education.